Full details on how to apply, the cost of the program and courses that you will study can be found on the following websites:
To enrol a student must have completed :
An undergraduate degree in biology with a specialisation such as ecology, evolution, zoology or botany (or equivalent) or an undergraduate degree in environmental science.
While work experience is not a requirement of the program, applicants with volunteer or work experience are invited to submit the resume with their application.
Applicants are required to provide the following documentation:
Official academic transcripts for all past tertiary studies (the original certifed hard copy will be required)
Proof of citizenship (the original certifed hard copy will be required)
Evidence of compliance with UQ English language requirements as required
- There is a quota of 32 attached to the program
- Admission is based on academic merit and students having the relevant academic background. The GPA cut-off for admission will vary, depending on the standard of the cohort of students
- There are 2 rounds of offers - students with a GPA of 6 will be granted immediate entry into the program in the 1st round.
- Domestic students with a low GPA will will be advised to enrol in the Diploma of Science and complete BIOL2006, BIOL2010 and BIOL3209 and achieve a GPA of 5 to gain entry into the program.
- Domestic students without the relevant background will need to complete the Diploma of Science ensuring that the above 3 courses are completed as part of the Diploma.
- No deferrals of commencement date will be granted. If a student wishes to defer their commencement date they will need to be re-assessed together with the incoming students.
To commence in July applications must be submitted on or before:
1 April of the year of commencement (International applicants)
16 May of the year of commencement (Domestic applicants)
UQ Admissions (Postgraduate coursework)
Telephone: +61 7 3365 2203
Facsimile: +61 7 3365 2061
International students contact information
Enquiry about studying at UQ by completing the online form
Enquiry about your application status at email@example.com
International Scholarship Application Online Form
Call a Student Advisor
- Outside Australia: +61 3 8676 7004
Within Australia: 1800 671 980 (Monday to Friday: 8:30am - 5:30pm AEST)